First what is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization or getting your website found on the internet when a person asks Google about products or services like yours.
What is Reputation Management?
We scan the internet looking for any information people are posting about you and your business. When we find posting about you we take remedial action to minimize the impact on your business.
So why can this be bad?
Unless you have complete control of the messaging/image/brand being prompted on Google, then you are in grave danger of paying someone to promote and bad image or worse bad reviews.
This is what SEO really is:
Back in 1990 I worked for a small advertising agency in Melbourne. This was long before the internet and SEO. This is how an advertisement is produced and published.
- Account manger talks to client about the product or service.
- Account manager talks to the creative manager about the product or service and plans a campaign
- Graphic designer designs the ads
- Copy writers write the advertising copy
- Graphic designers combines the copy into the design
- Creative manager checks the finished ads
- Account manager shows the ads to the client for approval
- Ads are given to advertising placement person to buy advertising space
- Ads of published
- Results are analysed
The rounded system has worked for millions of ads world wide and is still being used today.